SCROLL DOWN TO EXPLORE
Both beloved and notorious, Tinseltown has long had a tantalizing hold on our hearts. We may lament its taste for flash over substance or applaud its singular moments of magic. But love it or loathe it, we can all agree that Hollywood is having a moment.
Enter Columbia Square. A physical expression of Hollywood at its best.
A modern interpretation of a studio lot, Columbia Square will be home to innovative companies from around the world. Built on the fabled grounds of CBS, it’s a media village that heralds historic and Class A workspaces, collaborative indoor/outdoor environments, walkable shopping and classic urban living. It’s a second act with impressive gusto.
OUR FEATURED CLIENTS
Built in 1938, Columbia Square was the most modern technology facility of its time. Designed by renowned architect, William Lescaze in the vanguard International Modernist style, its state-of-the-art recording studios and theaters cemented Hollywood as the entertainment center of the universe.
Stars such as Jack Benny and Orson Welles recorded their best-known work. A young comedienne named Lucille Ball filmed her TV pilot. James Dean was an usher; Bob Dylan and Carlos Santana recorded legendary hits. Beyond its stars’ performances, Columbia Square gave birth to an industry of innovative engineering, sound effects, editing and film. This is the place where science and art met, fell in love and said, “I do.”
A decade after CBS abandoned its 4.7-acre site, Columbia Square leads Hollywood’s revitalization. Where Hollywood first planted its roots, a new creative center will grow. Columbia Square makes a promise to the community—to honor the companies at the forefront of entertainment and technology, and to construct a space where they can incubate exceptional ideas.
With a dual-core, 44,000sf floor plates on upper floors, and 250,000 sf total, Gower gives tenants the choice to create their own private “group within a group” with separate lobby entrances. Glass walls stretching to 13’ ceilings (16-20’ on the top floor) create drama while state-of-the-art HVAC, security, access and window systems, closed circuit TV monitoring and lobby level security ensure comfort and seamless ease of use for tenants.
Luxury apartments and furnished suites, rooftop pool and lounge, screening room, ground floor restaurant/bar.
This new 100,000 sf single-core group has a stunning 5,500 sf terrace overlooking the campus. It features new LEED-Gold construction, multiple patios and balconies, state-of-the-art HVAC, access and window systems, plus stunning floor-to-ceiling glass walls with 13’ ceiling heights and 16-20’ clear heights on the top floor. It connects directly to parking garage elevators with key card control, closed-circuit TV monitoring and lobby level security.
Historical reuse, flexible floor plates for post-production user, incubator space, short-term lease flexibility.
Original 8,000-sf studio where it all began, historically significant, supporting office space.
In the heart of campus, this 15,000 sf studio/creative office space is a stand-alone group that highlights adaptive reuse of historic bow-trusses from the original Studios B & C, plus LEED-Gold certification. Amazing light and character abound in a space that can be configured for single or multiple tenants.
This historic renovated group offers 12,000 sf of offices, first floor and mezzanine levels, as well as second floor spaces with private entrances and security adjacency. It also includes 12,000 sf of prime street-level retail with abundant valet parking.
For decades, Hollywood’s cinematic visions of the future have sparked global design trends. Now, developer Kilroy Realty Corporation presents an unprecedented vision for how we work and live today. They asked an esteemed collective of architects to cultivate bold ideas about the future of the American workplace, community and home life. Rios Clementi Hale Studios, House & Robertson and GBD Architects Inc. answered the query with stunning clarity and beauty. The result is a campus where the West Coast’s best creative minds will flock and flourish. Columbia Square is a study in mobility, collaboration and connection to the natural world— and how they inform our daily happiness.
Designed to foster the collaborative spirit, Columbia Square gives creativity a new home in Hollywood. By blending historical reuse with new construction, we’ve preserved the architectural character of a Hollywood classic and put it to work for tomorrow.
Site Plan of 4.7 Acre Campus
- 560,000 of sf modern creative office campus with more than 20,000 SF of exterior balconies
- Concrete structures with floor-to-ceiling glass for natural light and panoramic views
- Integrated landscaped campus provides ample outdoor collaborative meeting space
- 200 luxury apartments - including an extended-stay component and rooftop pool deck
- LEED Gold Core & Shell certification pending for new construction, LEED Master Site
- Floor plate sizes range from 5,000 sf (Historic Renovation) to 45,000 sf (Gower-Selma)
- Highly efficient buildings with state-of-the-art mechanical systems
- Iconic signage visible from the 101 Freeway and Sunset Boulevard
- 5-level, secure subterranean parking with state-of-the-art operations program
- 3 : 1,000 parking for the entire campus (1,706 parking pass count)
- Limo/VIP/Shuttle Staging area/surface parking lot
- Electric vehicle charging stations and secured bike storage
- Direct, unobstructed views of the famous “Hollywood” sign
- 2 blocks to Metro Red Line stop
- 4 blocks to 101 Freeway
- Ample restaurants, grocery, fashion, fitness, hospitality, conference venue and residential options within a 2 block radius
- Integration and modernization of the historic CBS studios
- Embraces the history of the sites’ original architecture through preservation and rehabilitation to stringent Secretary of the Interior Standards